Forum › Posts by OEk

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021

Some context I thought I might add (spoiler tagged in case it was intentionally obfuscated by the translator):

Going to the original, Juuna's line of "her last moments will be mine and mine alone" is translated from "あの魔法少女の『最後』を看取るのは私以外許さない". First, "看取る" is a rather interesting word to use here since it doesn't really have anything to do with killing at all, instead, it has the meaning of "being by someone's side when they die", and is rather commonly used in the context of providing care and/or comfort to the dying.

But second and what I'm more intrigued about is the choice of the word "最後". Yes, it is admittedly very commonly used in the context of someone's last moments, but it only really means "last", as in the end of something in a very broad meaning. Whereas if one was specifically referring to someone's final moments, they would more likely use "最期", (which, incidentally, is more commonly paired with 看取る than 最後). That, coupled with the fact that 最後 is encased with Japanese quotation marks (『』) leads me to believe that at the very least there is more to Juuna's words than simply wanting to outright kill Hane (although I would welcome that, I love me some bloody messy unstable yuri).

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Lara

@lenne18 is the official tag warranted here then? I mean staff making fanart of the series they've worked on is pretty common, but I reckon "official" would imply "actually endorsed by the studio", no?

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
147061482_p0

Between the super confusing age gap and the Pseudo-incest, I feel like people who stress over problematic ships would flatline if they ever learn about these two.

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021

^^^ Please forgive me if I don't get this right, it's been years since I last watched StrikerS and I have a notoriously foggy memory, but if I'm not remembering this wrong, we don't actually get to see any of that, right? Like I think it was mainly just characters recounting the event for the most part (again, I could be misremembering) because I do remember being kinda disappointed with that.

I'm really into depictions of serious injuries in magical girl shows and how it affects the characters (and conversely, I don't like when chronic or life-threatening injuries are just handwaved as not a big deal, like the new version of Nanoha's accident), and while I do recognize and appreciate Nanoha's accident had actual narrative weight in regards to the particular arc it played a part in, I do recall feeling bummed out that 1: we didn't actually get to experience what she went through first hand, we just hear about it in kind of like a "noodle incident" fashion, and 2: it wasn't even brought up in relation to Nanoha herself and her character's narrative, but in relation to Teana as more of like a cautionary tale (though that is owed largely to the fact that Nanoha is not actually the protagonist for most of StrikerS and so we don't get a lot of stuff from her perspective).

So all in all, while I do agree the new version of events is pathetically insignificant, I'm not too bothered by the change since the original version didn't hit as hard for me to begin with.

Again, I'm not the best at remembering things, so I could just be getting my wires crossed

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
2068893032267780358

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
2067809661118710185

^^^^ NanoFate literally adopted a child and SuleMio very unequivocally got married, and people will still argue that it was "not outright confirmed sooo....". Honestly after seeing stuff like this for almost a decade I'm past the point of getting mad and just find that willful ignorance funny, like they really will try so hard just to "well ackshually..." you.

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021

^ Yup, Nanoha's official bio for the manga confirms that the end of Detonation was this timeline's version of her accident. Also, the three Materials have been popping up here and there in Exceeds-related merch, but then again, those three have been all over the merch they've been releasing since Detonation, so it's not really guaranteed they'll show up.

last edited at Jun 23, 2026 9:27AM

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Hf4kr1uwoaaj1uv-orig

^May i introduce you to Lots of Kotori?

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
81293677_p10

Wait, is my understanding of the term yuribait wrong? I always thought it's when the comphet pairing wins out in the end despite the yuri pairing having more development. But is yuribait for other people just subtext without on-screen confession/intimacy (i.e, NanoFate)?

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
81293677_p10

NEED to see these two flirting more in the new series.

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Media_emulktuueamfzpc

^^ NO! Salamanders are not lizards!

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021

This is so sweet my teeth are hurting!!!
Also, I took a quick peek at Aoto's yt channel and she streamed with her wife a couple times. It's funny how their voices are kinda the opposite of what you'd expect from their vtuber designs, Aoto actually sounds pretty ikemen!

(Also also she did a couple streams with other yuri authors like Yatosaki Haru and Inui Ayu, so it's def worth checking out)

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
1975137950309744791-2

Adorable!

I was gonna say "but Fate has a car" but I'm imagining a Lambo (or whatever the Midchildean equivalent of it she has) doesn't really do well in the snow.

last edited at Mar 23, 2026 9:02AM

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
126467149_p0

^Just to add some context, it's in reference to the MyGo opening

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Memoria_heal_7116_w

Is this Hosoi Mieko? I don't think she does actual CGs for the game (plus the limbs aren't nearly as l o n g as she usually likes to draw them)

last edited at Mar 21, 2026 8:41PM

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Memoria_debuff_6491_w

ShieTatsu!!
This pair is so appealing to me for some reason despite how little they've actually appeared.

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
1978406452847919182-1-3

This is Moe up the butt material right here <3

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Tazuriristitch

Cannot believe they looked at the actually decent looking Battle Cloths of the dolls and went "nah our idea is better"

Praying to god they ditch these goofy ass outfits in the next story part (they won't 'cause King Pawn hates us)

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Card010079014

^They very much have the sort of "main" pairings, yes, but they do still make enough content to keep people who like other pairings well fed. For example, Akehi x Suzume is still the main pairing in that sense, but some recent developments in the story really boosted the popularity of Akehi x Fujino, which was like the "second place" Akehi pairing.

Kazuha here is moreso an outlier because she already has a poly thing going on with her Legion from the getgo, so she more or less gets equal amounts of shippy moments with each of them.

last edited at Mar 6, 2026 7:25AM

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Memoria_heal_7387_w

The TakaNaho Religious Painting™!!!

Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
Memoria_buff_5499_w

Oh my GOD these two!!!!!!!!!!

I never had a pairing have me go from not thinking much about them to them genuinely keeping me up at night in only a single day.

Also, the tag finally got changed! nice!

last edited at Feb 21, 2026 12:25PM

OEk
Image Comments 14 Jan 22:06
Kazucute
joined Nov 6, 2021
94635094_p0

It is i, coming out of the lurkage one more time!

This one actually comes with a song: https://youtu.be/PdomeUcKsOc